Monday, March 31, 2014

Wanderlust

It’s everything, and nothing
the vast emptiness of void
knowing potential is in reach,
inches that feel like miles
stretching forever and yonder
circling me in wonder
like vultures after meat.
The need is neverending
to turn over every stone
and walk every path unwalked
even if I trek alone
the pace follows my heartbeat
ever faster ever leaping
enchantment of unknowns
taunting me ever so gently
in a forward always race
don’t look back , and settle down never.
for the link and bond to adventure
I wouldn’t dream to sever.
pushing the limits, I am pleased
never dawdling longer than necessary
just a glimpse, just a taste, just a tease
won’t be long before I grow wary.
and then I will be off again,
galloping through emptiness and void,
it clamors, my heart;
 for new and untraveled
and my feet endlessly covet,
roads and narrow dirt paths and gravel
it’s everything and nothing
the beauty of vast emptiness and void


No comments:

Post a Comment