Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Heartbreak's Hold

There’s a deep welling ache within me
That with each rising hour inside spins me-
Catapulting my hope to a morrow unknown
Leaving me within misery – all alone.

I blame no one but myself- of course
To follow my heart although my mind implored
To let down my guard and open the gate.
Wounded again by another ingrate.

The wind carries promises but also demise
It floats with my past and the tears I’ve cried
It reminds me of how things always change
That life, my plans will always rearrange

Twisted paths of agony now I tread, now I saunter
For ignoring all signs ahead- for desiring to flaunter
What would suit me only in angelical dreams-
But forever exceed my grasp by living means.

Oh, I clothe myself with misery
As fallen leaves clothe each grave.
I cannot deem myself worthy of tomorrow
Or of finding a day without sorrow-
For to this heartbreak I am slave.

No comments:

Post a Comment