Friday, August 2, 2013

Outcast

Uniqua

my life is a riddle
that I have yet to unravel
an enigma of sorts
here and there, along the gravel

be yourself, they say
everyone else is taken.
but when I am armed with the courage,
when I am bold for my values
when I have strong held my ideals
then they have scoffed.

then they glare at me surreptitiously
there they eagerly dress me with scorn
I can never win I guess
victory was not my calling.
and every day from now til the end
is just another moment stalling.

the world inside my head is a-whirling
with all thoughts and reasonings twirling
I am never to be one of them,
it was written.
always longing for the solace in words
in company, in comfort..
but exiled to loneliness and
outcast in every season, all the same.

a fact of life,
whether out of spite or out of mockery
in a lame lost joke now forgotten..

and the truth is I couldn’t fake it,
not even at my best attempt
for love and kindness is a gift god-sent.
and my smile could never be cruel to those whom it’s lent;
and my words never insincere to those in whom I revel..
so if my warmth is my demise
if they fulfill my darkest fear
and well; this is just my surmise-

may I forever be from their company exempt.

No comments:

Post a Comment